The following information will help you enable permissions for camera and microphone on your web browser. If permissions are already enabled but the browser is still unable to access your camera, please check your computer's application permissions.
- In a new tab, type in "chrome://settings/content". This will take you to the Content settings.
- Click either Camera or Microphone.
- Set to "Ask before accessing (recommended)"
- Return to the Web app and refresh the page. When you try to record using your webcam, a pop-up should appear right below the URL like this:
- Click "Allow"
- Right-click anywhere in the browser, and click "View Page Info".
- Under the Permissions tab, find Use the Camera and Use the Microphone sections. If using default settings, make sure that either Always Ask or Allow is selected.
- If Block is selected as default, uncheck the "Use Default" box and select Always Ask.
- Return to the Web app, refresh the page, and try to record using your webcam. If set on Always Ask, the following message should appear:
- To the right, you will see two buttons. Click Allow.
Other browsers will have similar camera/microphone permissions built into their browser settings. If you are having difficulties, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us by clicking on the blue smiley face in the bottom right corner of our Web App.