Set up your recording space
- Get the best recording possible by using our mobile app or OneScreen webcam recorder.
- When using the mobile app, set your phone against your laptop screen facing you for a steady video-- holding your phone will lead to a shaky recording.
- Keep the camera at your eye level.
- Keep a comfortable distance from the camera.
- Use your background to your advantage.
- Control your environment; minimize background noise by silencing your phone and computer, and closing any doors or windows.
- Keep any sources of light in front of you, not behind you.
- If you are recording your desktop via OneScreen...
- Try not to have too many tabs open. Your computer may not be able to handle multiple tabs while recording.
- Make sure you have good wifi when processing and Saving to Library.
- For a clean recording, try using a headset or positioning your microphone directly in front of you.
- Practice. If you can't memorize your lines, try using a script on the iPhone.
- Speak clearly, be audible, and keep posture and composure.
- Don't bounce your knees, rock back and forth, and try to minimize using filler words (like or um).
- (Mobile) Give your video a natural pause by waiting in place for a couple of seconds at the end of your video. Then, use the trim option to round out your ending. Don't be in a rush to hit the stop button! That can cause your body to start moving before you've finished your last sentence.
Keep in mind...
- You can always re-record, so no pressure!
- Remember to smile!
What you say in your video will likely mirror the email you were going to write for the most part. With a few recommended additions your message is sure to generate a response!
Every OneMob video has a Reply button built into the page to help you generate that feedback you're working for. Your viewer can even reply with a video! Mention the Reply button in your video and make it your call to action for the viewer.
- "Click the Reply button on this page to ask me any questions or schedule a time for your personal demo"
Your video duration will vary depending on the reason for your outreach. For prospecting new leads, we recommend keeping the video between 30sec-1min. Once you've engaged the client, it's ok for videos to go a bit longer, around 1 minute, and include more details.
Want to take it to the next level?
If you're looking to make your video more professional, try using a tripod and a tripod phone holder. If you are indoors with poor lighting, a lighting kit might be your solution. And to top it off, here is a professional grade microphone for smartphones and tablets.
In contrast, if your videos require active movements, you may be interested in a handheld stabilizer for your phone.