Have you experienced the OneScreen Chrome extension slowing your computer down or even sometimes stop a recording while you are mid record? Your computer screen freezes up? The countdown on the Chrome extension is stuck on the same number?
Oftentimes it may come down to the processing power of your computer. You may notice that even when not using the OneScreen Chrome extension, your computer may take a little longer to load some sites, images, videos, etc. However, there are a couple ways you can give the OneScreen Chrome extension an optimal situation to provide the best performance to you. We highly recommend you implement the points listed below if you are having issues recording on OneScreen:
- Make sure your Chrome browser is on the most recent Chrome update
- After making the update, make sure to close out and Relaunch your browser.
- Close out from any other windows or applications that you have running in the background of your computer
- Mac: Easy way to Force Quit an application on Mac is by clicking Cmd+Alt+Esc at the same time. A window will appear with all your applications that are running. Select an application and click Force Quit to close the application.
- Windows 10: Open up Task Manager by clicking Ctrl+Shift+Esc at the same time. Click "More Details" to get more information or simply select the task and click End Task to close the application.
- Restart your computer
- Mac: Click the Apple logo on the top left of your screen. Click Restart...
- Windows 10: Select Start. Click the Power button. Select Restart.
- Make sure you are plugged into a power source
- Uninstall OneScreen Chrome extension and reinstall
- Attempt to use the OneScreen Chrome extension on a different computer if there is one available (this will allow for us to determine if it could potentially be bug related)
We understand it can be extremely frustrating when these situations, and others, occur while using our product. We continually update our OneScreen Chrome extension to work with the most up to date Chrome along with phasing out any bugs that it could potentially encounter.
Even after doing all of the steps above you still have issues using the OneScreen Chrome extension on certain sites, reach out to the OneMob support team. If you continue to have issues using the OneScreen Chrome extension look at this article here for a temporary solution that could also open up more creative work arounds for you as well!