Follow the steps below to setup an SMTP relay so emails sent from OneMob by your users come from their respective corporate email address.
Settings in GSuite
- Create a new user in GSuite with email address firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be used as return-path for emails. Make sure to replace "yourcompany.com" with your company's actual domain
Follow these steps to create a new user in Gmail
- Allow open relay from our IP: [188.8.131.52] (add this IP to the white list on your SMTP server)
- Login at admin.google.com as a GSuite Admin user
- Click Apps
- Click GSuite
- Click Gmail
- Click Advanced Settings
- Scroll down SMTP Relay Service section and click "Edit" (button will appear when you hover mouse over the section)
- Click checkbox for "Only accept mail from the specified IP addresses" which is #2
- Click "Add IP range" option which now appears
- Add this IP: 184.108.40.206 (you can use "OneMob" as the description name or any other label you want)
- Go back to Advanced Settings for Gmail
- Make sure "Comprehensive mail storage" is checked in Advanced Settings for Gmail
- Forward all emails from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org (so we can track bounced emails).
- Go to Admin in Google > Apps > GSuite > Gmail > Advanced Settings again
- Scroll down to "Routing" section
- Click "Configure" or "Edit" as you hover over Routing
- 1- Checkbox Inbound option
- 2- Checkbox Only affect specific envelope recipients (2nd option in this section)
- Type in the email address you setup in step 1 above email@example.com
- 3- Checkbox Add more recipients under Also deliver to section
- Click Add
- Type in firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click "SAVE"
- Whitelist @onemob.com email so your users will receive our email invites/notifications
Settings in OneMob
- Visit this page in OneMob as an Admin level OneMob user to turn on SMTP and enter settings
- Click SMTP Settings on the left
- Click the toggle to turn on SMTP Settings
- Enter the following information
a) IP or Host - smtp-relay.gmail.com
b) Port- 587
c) Domain - your website without www. Example: onemob.com
d) Return path for bounced emails (from step 3) Example: email@example.com
e) Most setups will have User Name and Password left blank
- Click "Save Changes"
Now it's time to test the integration! Send a New Email from OneMob to an email address you have access to. Verify the email From address matches with the login email for the OneMob account you used to send the email.