What is Trimming?
Trimming allows for you to be able to trim the length of a recorded or uploaded video right on the OneMob Web portal!
Note: This video does not include the Save button option. Look at step 7 below to get a better idea of the difference between the Save button and the Save as New button.
How do I trim a video?
- Find a video in your Library that you want to trim, and click on the title of that video. A menu on the right will appear.
- Click on Edit Video and on the drop down menu choose the option.
- Scroll through the video and stop the cursor where you would like to trim. Click Add Trim Area.
- Move the red bars that appear to select the piece of video you want trimmed. Everything inside of the red area will be trimmed off and not saved in the final video.
- Hot Keys Tip: Click on one of the red dots and you can use the right and left arrow keys on your keyboard to move it .1 second at a time.
- You can add multiple Trim Areas by clicking Add Trim Area again after selecting a new spot within the video. When you save the video we will merge all of the trim areas together to form one final video.
- To remove a trim area, click on a trim area that has been created and click Remove Trim Area.
- To save your new trimmed video click on Save or Save as New on the bottom left corner. If you decide to not trim the video you can click on Cancel to not create any changes.
- Save - Will save the trim(s) directly into the original video. Note, you will not be able to revert back to how the video looked without the trim(s) if you decide to do this.
- Save as New - Will create a copy of the video with the trimmed selections. The original video will not be changed.
Why am I not seeing the red bars appear?
To make sure the red bars for trimming appear, make sure that the zoom in your browser is set to the appropriate percentage. For some Chrome browsers this may mean adjusting the zoom from 100% to 90%, or lower. To access the zoom settings click on the three vertical dots that appear on the top right corner of the browser and adjust accordingly. We are currently working on a fix for this bug!
If you have any questions or feedback, we'd love to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.