Tips and Tricks: Custom Thumbnails for Videos, Documents, and Links on your Landing Page
Here's what you need to know:
- Custom Thumbnails can be used for any videos, documents, and URL links.
- Custom Thumbnails can be applied to videos from the Library.
- Custom Thumbnails can be applied to uploaded documents and URL links from the Landing Page Editor.
- The New Thumbnail Size must be exactly 640 X 360 pixels.
- (Bigger images will be cropped, smaller images will be stretched.)
- A thumbnail is linked to a video or document. Meaning, if you change the thumbnail of a video, the new thumbnail will be used everywhere that the video appears. Same applies to documents.
Applying a Custom Thumbnail
Once you have prepared the image you would like to use, follow the steps below.
- Go to your Library and find the video
- Click on the Gear Icon, then click "Edit thumbnail"
- Upload the image you would like to replace the thumbnail with
Documents and Links on your Landing Page
- Go to your Landing Pages.
- Create a new landing page, or edit a landing page you have previously created.
- Add your document or link below your main video by clicking "+ Add Content".
- Hover your mouse over the current thumbnail. You will see a small pencil icon on the top left. Click on the pencil icon .
- Upload the image you would like to replace the thumbnail with.
How do I resize my image?
For Window PC
- You can resize your image in "Microsoft Paint" or "Paint".
- Press "Ctrl + W" to bring up the Resize and skew menu. Use this in combination with Crop to get the right size.
- You can resize your image in "Preview"
- Go to Tools > Adjust Size to adjust the image size. Use this in combination with Crop to get the right size.
Did you find this article helpful?