How To: Tracking Activities
When you send a link or email via OneMob, we track several different types of actions that are involved with your link/email. We call these actions, “Activities”. You can use these activities to time your followup emails and calls, forecast opportunities and deals, (etc).
Table of Content
- What actions are tracked?
- Where can I see Activities?
- Can I export my Activity Data?
- How do I disable Email Notifications?
- How are email opens tracked?
What actions are tracked?
Here is the list of all actions that we track:
- Link Created: Notification that your link has been created.
- Email Opened: Your email has been opened.
- Page Viewed: Your landing page has been viewed.
- Content Clicked: Your document, link, YouTube video, or custom button was clicked.
- Replied: You received a response via the "Reply" button on the landing page.
- LinkedIn: Your LinkedIn icon was clicked.
- Twitter: Your Twitter icon was clicked.
- Video Watched: Your OneMob video has been viewed. This can be either your main video, or any additional OneMob videos you've added on the landing page from your Library.
Where can I see Activities?
Activities can be found in:
- Web App
Click on the Activities section in the menu to see a lists of all the video links you've created and OneMob emails you've sent. You can view more details by clicking on each Message.
For more information, check out the Web App: Activities section.
- Mobile App
In the mobile app, the Activities Tab will list links and emails much like the web app.
Read about the Activities Tab for iOS and Android.
In Salesforce, you can find the activities under OneMob Messages and Activity History found in the detail pages of Contacts, Leads, Accounts, Opportunities, and Cases.
For more information on OneMob Messages & Activity History, check out this page.
- For activities to track back to Salesforce, your OneMob account must be connected to Salesforce. You can connect your Salesforce and OneMob account by logging into the Web App using your Salesforce credentials.
Can I Export my Activity Data?
Yes! Keep in mind, this is only possible from the Web.
To export the activities of an email or a link, click on the Gear Icon > Export CSV
Click here to see the full instruction.
How do I disable Email Notifications?
In the Email Composer (Email page) or the Create Link page, you have the option to enable or disable Email Notifications. Please note that you will always receive an email when someone replies to your videos using the Reply button on the landing page, or when you create a link. Furthermore, email notifications for Content Clicks are currently not available at this time.
You can change the default settings for Email Notifications from the Web app under Preferences. The Preferences page can be reached by click on your username located at the top of the sidebar.
Click here for more information.
How are email opens tracked?
One of the most common question we get is, how do we know when your email is opened?
We use a technique that many other companies in the industry implement: When an email opens, all images in the email need to be downloaded. We simply count the number of times your video thumbnail image is requested!
Did you find this article helpful?