How do I switch between multiple cameras/microphones on my computer?
If you have multiple cameras connected to your desktop or laptop when recording from our Web App, it is common that you prefer one type of camera over the other. However, your browser may automatically select a default camera for you. Here's how you can select which camera to use.
- Scroll down until you find the Camera or Microphone section, and click to change its settings
- In the drop down menu at the top of the page, select the camera or microphone you wish to use
Firefox has recently removed their permissions settings page, so the confusion is common. With Firefox, a pop-up will appear any time you need to use the camera/microphone. However, if you've selected to "Remember this decision", it will always default to your current selection. This leaves you with no way to change your camera.
Here's the solution:
- On the left of the address bar (where the website url is), you should see a symbol. This could be a camera/microphone icon, a lock icon, a globe, etc. Click on the icon here.
- If you had already granted permission to your camera/microphone, it should be listed under "Permission". Click the "x" next to Camera and/or Microphone to remove permission.
- Refresh the page and try again.
Now when you try to record, the pop up should appear again.
If you use a different type of browser, and would like to learn how, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us by clicking on the blue smiley face in the bottom right corner of our Web App.
Did you find this article helpful?